Big Hair. Way Cool + Fresh + Fly. Voted “Most Likely to Succeed.” Funny how times change. We change from one year, monty, week, day, minute to the next. We are forever growing. The Lord says “I will do a new thing in you.” Success is never a straight road. Think about the number of times you said, “If only I knew then what I know now.” What I’ve learned is that your past does not determine your future. No amount of success. The grooviest and realist advice that I’ve ever received is from the greatest life coach. Ever.
10 Life Lessons from Jesus Christ. Superstar.
1. Choose your battles. You do not have to attend every argument you are invited to. “For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4 There are more for you then against you. This is the season the ppl who are against you are about to be overwhelmed by the ppl who are for you.
2. Cry your heart out. It’s okay to cry. “Those who sow in tears will reap in joy.” Psalm 126:5
3. Give Me Your Plans. Your plans are not my plans, says the Lord. His plans are always better than your plans. Next time you write your plans, write them in pencil. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3
4. Pray with girl power. Prayer is your most powerful weapon. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
5. Be a beautiful blessing. Givers never lack. “If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I assure you that person will be rewarded.” Mark 9:41 You don’t need a reason to help someone.
6. Shine on. “You are the light of the world like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to se. Don’t hide your light under a basket. Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all.” Matthew 5:14
7. Trust Him. Spread your wings. The bird sitting in a tree is not afraid of the branch breaking because her trust is not in the branch, but in her own wings. “If you have faith as small as a tiny mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move.” Matthew 17:20
8. Choose your friends. Stop hanging with people who have your problem and start hanging with people who have your solution. Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher. Jesus chose His inner circle carefully too. He who walks with the wise grows wise. Proverbs 13-20.
9. Dream BIG. God didn’t give up on your dreams. You did. If you do the natural, God will do the supernatural. If you do what you can, God will do what you can’t. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
10. Be patient. Stop being impatient. Oprah wasn’t built in a day. Don’t put a period, where God put a comma. “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
Tell me about one of your best life lessons in the comments section below.
You want more inspiration. Get the Weekly Word, my Sunday Sermon on Success by clicking here.