Money is out there. It’s everywhere. Available for you to claim. There has never been a greater time for women to start their own businesses. Small business grants can be your best friend. You don’t have to pay this money back. Millions of dollars of these small grants go unawarded each year. The reason is because people don’t apply. Many of these grants don’t require any paperwork, just an “online application” which you can complete in some cases in less than an hour.
I should know. I’ve applied and won several amazing grants including the Jones New York Empowerment Grant which came along with a boss mentor, chic wardrobe and a check. There’s even money for you to go to medical school full-time for 4 years. Not kidding! I dedicated an entire section of these life-changing opportunities in my book YOUR NEXT LEVEL LIFE: 7 Rules of Power, Confidence, AND Opportunity For Black Women In America (Winner of a 2020 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work). You can grab a copy at any major book store or over here.
Small business grants can be your best friend. You don’t have to pay this money back. Here’s 9 that you can apply for right now. Note: I have no relationship or affiliation with these companies. Just sharing these amazing opportunities.
1. The Power Forward Small Business Grant program is offering $25,000 grants to empower Black-owned small businesses in New England. Learn more, here.
2. KKR Small Business Growth Fund. As part of the Year of Small Business, the Hello Alice Small Business Growth Fund is offering small business owners the opportunity to receive a $5,000 grant to help them make their next big move. The deadline for Round 2 is Friday, May 20, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET. Apply here.
3. The DoorDash Restaurant Disaster Relief Fund will provide $10,000 relief grants to local restaurants across the United States affected by state- or federally-declared natural disasters. Applications for Round 2 close on June 30, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET. Apply here.
4. Venture Noire and Remote Year Partner to Launch a Global Accelerator Program for Black and Minority Entrepreneurs. The first cohort will bring 15-20 US-based startup founders to South Africa later this year where they will meet up with local South African entrepreneurs in Cape Town and Johannesburg for a truly international collaboration. Deadline: May 15, 2022. Apply here.
5. Google Podcasts Creator Program. The $15K Google Podcasts creator program mentors, trains, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting. Deadline is April 24, 2022. Sign up to learn more and apply now.
6. The Amber Grant – WomensNet founded the Amber Grant Foundation in 1998. The Foundation was set up with one goal in mind: to honor the memory of a very special young woman, Amber Wigdahl, who died at just 19 years old — before realizing her business dreams. Today, WomensNet carries on that tradition, giving away at least $10,000 every month in Amber Grant money. We’ve also expanded our grant-giving to include a year-end grant of $25,000. Apply here.
7. Unclaimed Money – okay, this isn’t a grant, but it’s free money. Millions of dollars that goes unclaimed and maybe money you’re owed. Find unclaimed money held by the government that might be yours by going here.
Check back here frequently for an updated list and let’s stay connected!