25 Ways to be insanely generous and feel insanely good.
Starting today, join me in 7 days of kick-ass, surprising generosity.
You in? I’m in.
Over the next 7 days, select one of the following twenty-five ways each day to be kick-ass generous. Then post what you did in the comments section below to be eligible for some awesome prizes from moi.
- Tweet a coffee to a virtual friend. Tell them you admire them a latte.
- Record a Vocaroo message for someone you’ve been meaning to thank, for a while.
- See an elderly lady on the street or anywhere. Hand her a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Call up a friend who’s been having a tough time or an extremely busy week. Say “let me do a chore for you.” They may cry.
- Forgive someone who has hurt you. And let them know.
- Make a playlist of uplifting, positive, soul-affirming tunes. Label it “Listen to this when you need to remember how amazing you are.” Leave the CD or several copies in a local coffee shop or doctor’s office.
- Ask the General Manager of a local hotel in your area to gift a weekend for two to the Principal of a local school. And drop it off to the Principal with a nice thank you note.
- My Fav Four Four Words. gourmet ice cream delivery.
- Pray for someone. And let them know you did.
- Put away your smart phone and close down your inbox for a day (ok, just an hour). Give the world the gift of your undivided, non-digital attention.
- Choose a big name celebrity that you admire and write them a genuine, heartfelt letter of thanks. Just to say “I love your work and you move me. No “request” or “ask” or “gimme” attached.
- Send a story tip to a local reporter. (Only if its good news.)
- Buy a gift card and keep it in your purse, waiting for the right person to give it to.
- The next time someone compliments you. (Oooh, I love your earrings.). Just give it to them.
- Brew up a big pot of (good) coffee. Fill up some eco-friendly-ish disposable cups. Offer free java to everyone at work – or the bus stop.
- Find a blogger whose work you adore. Send them a love note. Tell them to keep writing.
- Help someone struggling shine like a star. Sort through your wardrobe. Pull out your lucky suit, dress, blouse, or charm. Donate it to Dress for Success.
- Turn a special photo from your smart phone into a kick-ass postcard. Mail it.
- Compliment 3 strangers. In person.
- Brag about someone to others, while they are standing there listening.
- Get your hands dirty by offering to help an elderly person in your neighborhood with their yard work.
- Write a thank you letter to a service member who is currently deployed.
- Honor someone like it’s their Birthday. Even though it’s not.
- Write a kind note on someone’s Facebook wall. Telling them how awesome they are. Use social media positively.
- Go to the layaway department of a local store and put down a small deposit towards a stranger’s bill.
Complete a challenge activity and enter it below in the comments section on the day you complete it. You may earn up to 7 entries in the drawing for prizes. The Challenge ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, March 1st. Winners will be announced here on Monday, March 2nd at 12:00noon.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR “50 SHADES OF GRATITUDE” 7-DAY CHALLENGE WINNER(S):
1) Billie S.
2) Lorissa T.
Let’s keep this movement going. The world needs more kindness!
Thank you to everyone who participated.